US Magazine article on the Griffon 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Magazine article on the Griffon 380

For all Griffon mx fans......enjoy this one. A friend sent me this interesting article from the US Motocross Action Magazine entitled ;

CLASSIC MOTOCROSS IRON: 1969 GREEVES GRIFFON 380
    The last of Bert’s great machines is an iconic look at British design and engineering

Some interesting points from a US market perspective on the Griffon........especially its suitability for desert racing , competitively priced - and being lighter than the CZ competition 360 ..........no surprise - because the frame on the CZ 360 was made out of old iron plumbing pipes - whereas the Griffon is a quality Reynolds frame.....but maybe i am biased

Either way - some good input and clearly a good understanding and appreciation of bert and the greeves ethos.

Article written by Tom white - as this is one of his exhibits in his museum. - if you follow his link you can also see two other greeves bikes - and the challenger was his first restoration.
    Cheers kim
    Last edited by Kim275; 05/12/2011, 07:37 PM.

What's a Greeves Anglican? strange thing about the CZ, the frames were heavy, but the wheels were light, as used by almost anyone who builds a special for pre-65!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      What's a Greeves Anglican? strange thing about the CZ, the frames were heavy, but the wheels were light, as used by almost anyone who builds a special for pre-65!
      Good spot "Greeves Anglican" - as opposed to a "Greeves Methodist" I suppose

Comment

Greeves Anglican

Maybe a model for trials riding vicars!!!

Comment

Working...
        X