Question about a tank transfer for Greeves Griffon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a tank transfer for Greeves Griffon

Does anybody know what the correct position is of the English flag transfer on the tank of a Greeves Griffon? Has the flag to be above or beneath the Greeves transfer? I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Peter Heinen from Holland

Originally posted by Peter Heinen View Post
    Does anybody know what the correct position is of the English flag transfer on the tank of a Greeves Griffon? Has the flag to be above or beneath the Greeves transfer? I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Peter Heinen from Holland
    You don't say what year your bike is, but assuming it's a scrambler with a fibreglass tank, the Union Jack sticker goes directly below the "Greeves" oval sticker and virtually touching it.

Oddly enough, on the US-spec "Desert" model with its larger tank, it goes above the "Greeves" sticker.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

greeves griffon badges or picture ?

Hi

I am not sure about the badge situation , I know that in general the union jack sits below the oval greeves sticker, but on some models it is above from studying old pictures.

I am not sure about the glassfibre griffon tank, but on the alloy tank there is the Bird Griffon transfer that is applied , these are availiable from the VMCC transfer section if required. Dick F

Comment

Has anyone got a pic of the Bird sticker with a Union Jack? I can't find one with both on. Perhaps Peter shold have both UJ and Dutch flags on his tank!

Comment

Before I replied originally I had a look at the original brochures in the GRA Archive. (I'll really miss that when it goes...), so my answer is pretty definitive. They didn't put a Union Jack on the alloy tanks.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X