Does anyone know this MDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know this MDS?

Hi, as you can see from my photo in the link we have a 24MDS which came from the Greeves factory to New Zealand with Tim Gibbs in late 1963, it has a special exhaust which has the frame built around it. Any help with it’s history would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Triss
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I remember seeing either this or similar at the time. Most people bought the Mayfield expansion chamber which just bolted on to the standard frame, but I do remembers seeing something like this, it may well have been Tim's bike as he scrambled a lot in our end of the world while over in the UK.
    By the way, why have you got that pile of misrepresented tat on your album. The green frame that is far too big for it's T100 engine was sold as "an ISDT medal winning bike". Some parts may have come from the Dick Sutton bike, but as I was closely associated with him at the time, it does not represent the real bike!

Comment

Hi Brian
      That’s another mission to find the 6 Ultra light weight Cheney Goldstar frames. We own bike number 75 and the Matchless bike is in Australia, the blue frame Goldstar is in America. The ebay bike looks to have one of the frames and is not the original frame having read your post on Dick Sutton which now fills in some gaps.
      Thanks
      Triss

Comment

Triss, are you on the Cheney Twinshock Facebook group? I have sent a lot of pics to this group, and have some background on the e-bay bike from the vendor. PM me an e-mail address and I'll send his comments, see if they make sense to you. (Hi-jack over!)

Comment

Originally posted by team clark View Post
          Hi Brian
          That’s another mission to find the 6 Ultra light weight Cheney Goldstar frames. We own bike number 75 and the Matchless bike is in Australia, the blue frame Goldstar is in America. The ebay bike looks to have one of the frames and is not the original frame having read your post on Dick Sutton which now fills in some gaps.
          Thanks
          Triss
          Have you noticed that Vic Vaughan has one for sale in OBM?

£12000!

Old Bike Mart offers the UK’s largest selection of classic motorcycle classifieds. It features news, racing reports, reviews and newly discovered historic machines, as well as hundreds of adverts to browse.
          John A - 268

Comment

Poor old Vic has got to find the money for Scott hayworth's Faber chassis and PES engine somehow!

Nobody is forced to buy it however.

Druid

Comment

Working...
            X