Frame query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame query

Hi, I have picked up a frame on my travels and wondered if anyone can identify it ? It has frame number 59/2828 and the top tube has a flat plat attached to it on its underside. Think its maybe a road frame as it does not look anything like my challenger. Thanks[/FONT]

Frame No

Its from a 1959 24DB Sports Single Roadster 246cc Villiers 31A for which frame numbers started at 59/2401. The flat plate is the ignition coil mounting.

Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/03/2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply John. I'm not sure what to do with it yet as I only have the 3 frame parts and nothing else. Might sell it on but have no idea how much it it worth. Ps I thought that it was a 24D as I looked at the idendify page on this site, wanted to check with an expert such as yourself.
      Last edited by bertie; 01/02/2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

It is from a 25DB road twin , frame numbers start at 59/2701 , John you went one line down too far .

The single does not have a coil bracket , the coil is within the engine .

Chris

Comment

Frame

Thanks Chris for correcting me. I suppose a 25DB frame in good condition with sub frame is worth around £100 maybe more depending if it has any other fittings ie toolbox, swinging arm, rear shocks etc.

Comment

Working...
          X