RCF907 are you out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCF907 are you out there

A friend of mine Peter Gibson is wondering if his old 20DB registered RCF907 is still around. The reg number is West Suffolk issued in February 1961 so was almost certainly supplied by Bickers of Ipswich (Dave Bickers shop). 1960 was the last year for the 20DB but some with 61/2*** frame numbers were made in early 1961 presumably to use up old frame stock.
    Peter bought the bike second hand from Claude Scott of Cambridge circa 1962, the first pic was taken in 1964 with a young relation, on the seat, and the second in 1965 of the bike with Peter when he stripped it for restoration. He sold it circa 1965/6 to someone called Noakes of Leigh on Sea. Unfortunatly the reg number is not live on DVLA but of course it could be in someones shed. Frame number could be 61/2812 as Bickers received a 20DB with that number in February 1961, so it would fit with registration date. I dont have that frame number on Survivors Register.
    If its still around Peter may be interested in buying it back, contact can be made via myself.​
    Attached Files

Amazing that it needed restoring when it was only 4 years old!

Comment

Yes indeed that was my thoughts too, but back then bikes were used for everyday commuting and maintenance got neglected, the owner went into the army and lent the bike to a relation, (the guy in the first pic with the child on the seat), apparently he abused the bike and as can be seen fitted a non standard front mudguard.

Comment

Working...
      X