Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tyres are you using on your roadsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tyres are you using on your roadsters?

Looking around eBay etc for suitable tyres and for roadsters I came across these.

Motorcycle Products do a rear 325 x 18 Heidenau (ref SKU 020501) for ?70.73 and front 275 x 19 (ref SKU 020486) for ?51.34 both with same block tread pattern deliver charge ?7.20
    M & P Swansea do a rear 325 x 18 Metzeler ME22 for ?55.99 and a front 275 x 19 Anlas NR-14 (block tread) for ?37.99 free delivery
    Laxo London do a rear 325 x18 Kenda K265 for ?48.79 and a ribbed 300 x 19 Kenda K204 front for ?48.79 free delivery. No 275 x 19 listed but a 300 x 19 will fit as I currently have a 300 x 19 Avon Speedmaster fitted.

I have used the Heidenau tyres on my Yamaha Townmate and they give good handling and wear well. Generally I have found the cheaper brands tend to wear out more quickly. I have dealt with Motorcycle Products before and have always had good prompt service.

Note ? = GB Pounds, this stupid web site still does not recognise the pound sign!

Anlas, cheap & cheerfull, I am not in the habit of riding on the limit of adhesion!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Pattinson View Post
      Anlas, cheap & cheerfull, I am not in the habit of riding on the limit of adhesion!!!
      Yes I came to that conclusion John

Comment

Don't put decent rear tyre with a cheapo front- you can catch a rear wheel slide but a front one is much harder to deal with- A couple of years ago I slid down a french main road with my foot caught up with my BM, fortunatly with no damage. I had just replaced the rear tyre..... Peter.

Comment

I have fitted two new tyres today to my East Coaster, in the end I went for a matching pair of Heidenau K34 tyres 2.75 x 19 front and 3.25 x 18 rear. bought them from Motor Cycle Products a well recommended company, ordered them on Sunday night and received them today by UPS.
          Shop Heidenau 325S-18 Tubed Road Tyre K34 (52S) at Motorcycle Products Ltd. Classics Look That Suites the BikeA classic block pattern that looks the part on most vintage bikes, and in sizes to match. Suitable for front or rear use. HandlingVintage look does not mean vintage performance. Heidenau's use of modern compounds and construction makes for a tire that feels as good to ride on as it looks. FitmentPopular with vintage BMW and Japanese bike riders, the size range covers the popular widths of 18 and 19 inch wheels. More sizes coming in the future. The Heidenau K34 is a unique tyre designed understanding the needs of riders. The grooved profile of this Heidenau and the revolutionised tread pattern enables good road contact thereby ensuring excellent riding stability. Offering precise handling and balance, this K34 has closely placed tread pattern which ensures optimal rolling resistance and good road feel. The deep tread grooves has efficient water expelling capability and gripped wet performance. This aggressive front or rear player is moulded from tread compound which maintains uniform tread wear and assures increased tread life. Also, the solid shoulder blocks give outstanding cornering stability and lateral traction.

​​​​​​https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk...4-47s/1/020486
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X