A lost 20DC on IoW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lost 20DC on IoW

Welcome aboard Vectisgreeves I assume from your sign on you are an Isle of Wight resident. If so you may be able to shed some light on a 20DC "lost" on the IoW some years ago.
    The bike in question a 20DC roadster registration number 648 BHJ was last known with a Ray Wilson in 1980, at the time he lived on a houseboat at Bembridge (an old WW2 torpedo boat I believe) He later moved from there (after the boat became uninhabitable & was broken up), to an address in Ventnor.
    In 2006 I carried out some investigation for the original owner living in Southend who was keen to locate his old bike. I did make contact with Mr Wilson but despite his name being on the last issued V5 he denied ever owning it. I came to a dead end. My question is, is it still lurking somewhere on the IoW. The frame number is not known but it may be 20DC 255 or 286 both supplied by J Costin, Southend.

(Brian you may see fit to relocate this posting-ok by me)
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/11/2010, 10:01 PM. Reason: Post moved to new thread as originally posted in 'Glass Fibre Petrol Tanks' thread in 'General Greeves Chat' section.

There is a greeves roadster that regular appears in local shows, next time I see it I'll check the reg and let you know if its the one your looking for.......

Comment

648 bhj

Thanks, the one I am looking for has not been on the road since 1981 though.
      Here is the DVLA listing for it

The vehicle details for 648 BHJ are:
      Date of Liability 01 10 1981
      Date of First Registration 03 04 1964
      Year of Manufacture Not Available
      Cylinder Capacity (cc) 197CC
      CO2 Emissions Not Available
      Fuel Type Petrol
      Export Marker Not Applicable
      Vehicle Status Unlicensed
      Vehicle Colour NOT STATED
      Vehicle Type Approval