East coaster exhaust leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East coaster exhaust leaks

Hi All, can’t stop the leaks from the the exhaust pipes, put two exhaust pipe washers on each side but still leaks any suggestions please, also what c spanner do I use to tighten up the exhaust pipe rings? New to 2 strokes so still learning
    Thanks Rog

The round copper composite washers currently available are too small in dia, you need to make up 2 solid alloy or copper square washers to following drawing. They need to be annealed before fitting, keep checking tightness of locking rings and the black oil will soon stop.
    Attached Files

Comment

If you can't make them Lasermaster will do 2 alloy ones for £4.50 +vat (£5.40) - copper is expensive

Comment

Yes Tony aluminium is fine (I use that) but it needs to be soft alloy, Anneal by heating till you can burn a match stick on the ring then quench in water. They do take a little time to bed on, but keep tightening the locking rings up after each run.

Comment

Worth also mentioning that you need to use a 'C' spanner to tighten the exhaust retaining rings, I have one for sale if one is needed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X