Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25DF Police bike in Spain? (Peter Jiggens)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25DF Police bike in Spain? (Peter Jiggens)

Peter Jiggens living in Jalon, Spain, are you out there?
    I note that you have been asking on Facebook Greeves Enthusiasts page for info and wiring diagram for a 24DF police bike, & my name has been mentioned as a source of help, which I am able to do.
    So if you read this please sign on as a Basic member and make your self known.
    I do not do Facebook.

This bike is apparently 24DF116 with engine number 161F711 (a 37A with Dynastart) and registered 7/10/68 to the City of London Police as VJJ 979G as part of a batch of four, two others VJJ980 & 982G are with Tony East (ARE Museum) IoM. The 4th VJJ981G was broken up many years ago and beam re stamped and used on another bike
    The DVLA have VJJ979G on their computor so a V5c is available. not that that will be much help in Spain. How on earth did it end up there Its been 'missing' since 1983 when the last tax disc expired 30th November that year.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 08/10/2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Hi John, sorry for not replying earlier, I'm Peter's son. Thanks for the info, I'm hopefully going to get it back on the road as soon as possible!

I've go another greeves I was wondering if you have any info on it, the frame number is 61 4227 (I think) my dad found in a scrap metal pile about 40 years ago, the engine is not the right one (I think it's got a Francis Barnet )
      some people on Facebook think it may be a 24MCS
      I would much appreciate any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Jiggens View Post
        Hi John, sorry for not replying earlier, I'm Peter's son. Thanks for the info, I'm hopefully going to get it back on the road as soon as possible!

I've go another greeves I was wondering if you have any info on it, the frame number is 61 4227 (I think) my dad found in a scrap metal pile about 40 years ago, the engine is not the right one (I think it's got a Francis Barnet )
        some people on Facebook think it may be a 24MCS
        I would much appreciate any info.
        Yes saw that on Facebook (have since joined) I have replied Looks like your bike is a 1961 32DC frame (325cc road bike) dispatched to Palmers of Teddington 21/4/61 with engine number 222D1404 and finned hubs. It would also make sense why it has a 1H or 2H engine as mounting is same as for the 2T/3T twin.
        I have attached a pic of your Police 24DF when in service with City of London Police, on London Bridge I think, its the one on the left
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 27/09/2023, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X