Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 25db bent forks

does any one know some one who can straighten front forks please

If it is the main tubes that are bent then I would suggest having the tubes renewed. The bottom yoke assembly is SIF bronze welded so can be disassembled, likewise the bottom cheek plates.

A good fabricator will sort you out. Equally, look out for a good second hand pair. Personally, I would not attempt to straighten bent possibly rusty forks.

Comment

As the tubes are swaged out at the bottom to clear the dampers renewing them is not really an option, so as Phil says buy a good secondhand pair, do not attempt to straighten them.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Hyde View Post
        If it is the main tubes that are bent then I would suggest having the tubes renewed. The bottom yoke assembly is SIF bronze welded so can be disassembled, likewise the bottom cheek plates.

A good fabricator will sort you out. Equally, look out for a good second hand pair. Personally, I would not attempt to straighten bent possibly rusty forks.
        thanks phil didn't relise they were brazed the forks aren't rusty but the bottom cheek plates are misaligned one set higher than the other when assembled it pulls the metalastic bushes out of line so can probably get that one unbrazed realign and rebraze thanks again
        kev

Comment

Working...
        X