Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly drawings for 25DC

Hi,
    I'm just starting to find my way around this forum,as I have (re!) started my restoration of a 1960 Sports Twin,(250),that I obtained,in the UK,about 6 years ago.So,anyone reading this,will understand how,with passing time,interruptions in family life,and re location to the other side of the world,can result in things going astray!!.
    My main difficulty,at present,is assembly of the bike, and to this end,I would appreciate an appropriate set of drawings.I understand they are available through GRA, and if anyone can advise me how to proceed,to puchase a set,I will be greatly obliged.Ideally,I would like them via E mail,but am happy to go the snail mail route,if that is the standard method

Les Pilgrim.

Hi Les, you need to be a GRA member to obtain drawings, so (1) Download a membership form & join, (2) When joined up contact Rob (Moderator) who does the drawings, as far as I am aware he only does them by snail mail. Cost (in UK) is £5 for first drawing plus 50p for each additional one. Presumably there will be extra postage to NZ

Comment

GRA Membership application details.

Membership details and a downloadable application form can be found on the GRA website, here;

The Greeves Riders Association is the international one-make club, based in England, for those interested in Greeves motorcycles. The purpose is to help Greeves enthusiasts keep in touch, to share information about Greeves motorcycles and to encourage their restoration, preservation and use. Activities in which members participate include road racing, sprinting, motocross and trials, and …

The website also has further information on the club's services to members. Once you are a GRA member you can also send Rob an email and have your forum membership validated and then upgraded from 'Basic User' to 'GRA Member' to get access to all the member's only areas of the forum, including the 'Sales and Wants' section, and you will also be able to upload pics on your posts etc.

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 30/08/2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Assembly drawings for 25DC

Hi from New Zealand,!
        I am attempting to rebuild my 1960 25DC,which I obtained in the UK 6 years ago,and shipped over here,when we re-located.
        Please can anyone help with with supply,(or information about where I may obtain/Purchase),an assembly drawing,(PDF,paper or whatever!), for this model,?
        I attempted to post a similar request on this forum last week,which for some unknown reason,does not appear.

Hope springs eternal!!Thanks,in anticipation.

Les Pilgrim

Comment

Problem finding post.

Hi Les,

Your original post does appear on here, as a reply to another thread originally posted by forum member vectisgreeves. I think what happened is you thought you had posted it as a 'New Thread' instead and as such perhaps you couldn't find it...?!

Generally speaking, unless replying directly to the topic in an existing thread (by leaving a post) it's a good idea to start a new thread with a dedicated post for the new topic. That way things are much easier to find.

I will move your original post here, together with the replies it received; see posts above, by scrolling back up the sceen using the transport slider bar on the far right.

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 30/08/2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for putting me right,Brian.Greatly appreciated.I don't wish to appear too much of a ,"Numpty",on here,so put it down to a Senior moment,(or simple mindedness on my part!.Les.
            Having read the other replies now,thank you also,John.I will folow your suggestion re joining GRA,and hopefully progress from there.
            Thanks again,Guys.
            Last edited by Les Pilgrim; 30/08/2010, 10:39 AM. Reason: Ommission

Comment

My pleasure Les, and welcome aboard! It's the way forward and I'm sure that you won't regret it!

In the meantime if you need any help or assistance on here just holla. Have a look at the FAQ section too, as there's lots of good pointers on forum use there too which may help. It did me when I was trying to get my head around everything in the early days...!!! To view it just click on the tab on the blue 'tool bar' at the top of the page to the right of 'User CP'. There's quite a lot of info in there so it may be best to just look at it a bit at a time, as and when you need to.

Once you've joined up I'm pretty sure there are a good few drawings for your bike available in the GRA archive (via Rob), and as many parts are in common with other Greeves models it shouldn't be too much of a problem finding what you need (famous last words!) Also, the club may be able to provide copies (at modest cost) of the relevant factory 'Parts Book' (recommended!) and maybe also a 'Service and Instruction Manual'. Details for obtaining these are published in each issue of the club magazine 'Leading Link', a current copy of which should arrive with your membership card etc. when you join.

All the best Les, and enjoy the forum!

Brian.
              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 30/08/2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X