Greeves Fleetwing or 25DB 2t twin ' 1960 any ideas'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Fleetwing or 25DB 2t twin ' 1960 any ideas'

This pic has recently appeared on the Greeves Enthusiast Facebook site, owner
    Malcolm Ager is asking for comments about it.
    My own observations are that it looks like a mix of a 25D Fleetwing & 25DB bits.
    Front shocks are definitely neither & look like car ones (Mini possibly) fitted to modified friction damper forks.
    Headlamp too small for Fleetstar, looks like LE Velo
    Seat is later DB type as is toolbox
    The frame number would help, owner says its registered as 1960 which would make it a 25DB
    Attached Files

Yes, a bit of a mixture! Not sure where it came from, but obviously a mixture of bikes and years. If it goes and rides OK, all well and good.

Comment

Malcolm lives near me, I will give him a ring

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        This pic has recently appeared on the Greeves Enthusiast Facebook site, owner
        Malcolm Ager is asking for comments about it.
        My own observations are that it looks like a mix of a 25D Fleetwing & 25DB bits.
        Front shocks are definitely neither & look like car ones (Mini possibly) fitted to modified friction damper forks.
        Headlamp too small for Fleetstar, looks like LE Velo
        Seat is later DB type as is toolbox
        The frame number would help, owner says its registered as 1960 which would make it a 25DB
        I think the 25DB parts are seat frame,toolbox,chainguard,rear brake pedal,centre stand. The headlamp ears are homemade and the front forks are heavily modified friction damper type. The double front brake is off a 32D. The mudguards look similar to the early roadsters. (see the picture of my 1954 25D in the latest leading link). A definite mixture but it might be nice to ride with the 2T motor

Comment

The headlamp ears resemble the pre 56 ones, so might be rejigged or custom made. Have you asked the frame number yet?

Comment

Frame No is 60/3024 (so 25DB) first registered 12/4/60. It came from Norfolk & has been like that for many years. Looks like it may have been in an accident at one time, & forks & wheel & mudguards got replaced with earlier type.
            The 2T engine No is 808B7577 supplied to Ambassador with S22 carb, so not original
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/08/2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
              The headlamp ears resemble the pre 56 ones, so might be rejigged or custom made. Have you asked the frame number yet?
              The ears don't look correct.As you say they look similar.Same with the mudguards

Comment

Working...
              X