Another East Coaster restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another East Coaster restoration

I have recently had following email from Chris Solway who has just completed his East Coaster restoration. Not Chris is looking for 'tobacco tin' shaped air filter for the 4T engine. Chris's email address edward.solway@sky.com

Hello John,
    It’s been quite some time since I bought the barrels off you to aid my rebuild. I decided in the end they were worn slightly too much and had them rebored +20 and fitted new pistons. At 70 I don’t expect to wear them out now. What an expense at £95 each plus postage and then the dreaded VAT. (Villiers Services) Also had the bottom end done by them. (huge money) The wheels are still the original Dunlop rims fitted from new and although showing very slight signs of ageing are fine. I have done all the work myself including the paint spraying and I think it will represent the Greeves marque well here in Cornwall. I will be putting it on the road next month so will soon tell if all is as well as it should be. I just have the the other badge to put on the right side of the toolbox and it will be finished apart from the tobacco type air filter box which I haven’t seen anywhere for 30 years. Villiers Services have them now but at £70 inc post and VAT. That’s almost half a weeks pension for me. I will try and find something to suit. I am a member of the G R A but I am not familiar with the process of sending photo exhibits there. If you want to perhaps you could put these pics on the GRA site to show fellow enthusiasts. I expect you will notice that like you I did not have the longer type rear number plate and had to adapt an India one. What a pain finding the right contour with the rear guard and then fitting to the rear frame arms with spacers. Also did not have the right chain guard and had to make one fit. I have also fitted mirrors as I feel it’s safer to look there than turn my head back now. Hope it doesn’t offend members. I have several bikes including an Essex Twin which you know about but this one has cost me far more than the others to rebuild. It seems rebuild costs are going up because classic bikes are now fetching silly money.
    Attached Files

Just ride and enjoy.My East Coaster is good but I would say oily rag ridden and enjoyed.

Comment

Working...
    X