Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paddle hubs

Hi everyone, I need info re assembly of F/R paddle hubs on my 25DB. Ive
    searched threads re hub layouts but they don't seem to cover paddle hubs.
    Ive got 6202 bearings but behind some of them are "spacer rings"? Should these rings be on the outside of the bearings
    Can anybody help please

There should be a spacer behind each bearing (i.e inserted into the hub before the bearings). They are the same o.d as the bearings.

On the outside of the bearings there is a spacer which fits within the felt seal to stop it being crushed when the wheel nuts are tightened.

There is another spacer to provide clearance for the brakeplate and then other spacers (and nuts) to locate the wheel between the forks/swinging-arm.

I hope that makes sense.
    John A - 268

Comment

You need to check that the inside dimension of the bearings is same (if not smaller) than the spacer between the bearings. If this is incorrect it puts a pre load on the bearings & they will fail in no time at all. I helped Dave Pink with this problem last year. I dont know why Greeves used additional spacers under bearings as the hubs should have been machined to the correct dimension in the first place. Ideally the dimension of the spacer between bearings needs to be a few thou longer than the inner bearing register within the hubs. Shims can be used to get this correct.

Comment

paddle hubs

Many thanks John, I found 2 of these spacers behind one of the bearings and one spacer behind other in one hub. The other hub hasn't any. Can I still get these? Regards Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rickport View Post
          Can I still get these? Regards Rick
          Sorry no idea

Comment

Working...
          X