Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Stand 25DD

Hello Everyone,

Are side stands readily available for road bikes?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Bob

To my knowledge the road bikes, (certainly the DB DC DD DCX etc) never had side stands, & therefore not readily available. I suppose you could modify a TA / TAS trials one to fit.

Comment

Side stand

I found it difficult to lift my 25 dc onto its centre stand so I made a side stand which I fitted to the right side as there is no silencer.
      I have a paper template for the plate which is fitted to the engine cradle.
      If you would like a copy and photos of the stand just send me a PM.
      Mike

Comment

Side stand - warning

One point on fitting a side stand, it is most important that it has a reliable method of retracting (and staying retracted) when the weight of the bike is taken off it. A couple of years ago a member of the Anglian Section VMCC was killed in the IoM when he rode off without retracting the stand. The stand grounded when he went round a bend & threw him, & his bike (a Triumph twin) across the road into the path of an oncoming Land Rover.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 11/02/2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

A lot of Royal Enfields have an ignition cut-out that stops you riding off with the stand down......and after a few months of road dirt, it stops you riding anywhere!

Comment

Side stand

Having read John's message I had better withdraw my offer. When I started riding in the 50s electrical cut-outs were not thought of. You had to try to think for yourself. My side stand only needs a touch to flip up. I feel suitably admonished.
            Mike

Comment

Hi, Thanks for all the feedback.

Regards
              Bob

Comment

Working...
              X