Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10E 4speed g/box oil

Hi all-Happy New Year.
    Advice please, my 10E with 4 speed box, what is correct oil capacity? The box has a dipstick as usual in the top and a level plug at the rear. If I fill to the level plug (about 1/2 pint), there is no sign of oil on the dipstick and if I fill to dipstick mark then it obviously is way above level plug mark by about 250ml?
    I only have manual info for a 3 speed box which lists capacity as 1.2 pints.
    Regards, Pat H.

9E/10E gearbox capacity

An interesting thread from the FB Owners Club on this subject. http://fboc.niceboards.org/t1478-gearbox-dipstick
    Looks like there is a discrepancy between level plug & dipstick capacity to do with the 10E engine being vertically mounted & the 9E inclined forward.

Comment

10E g/box oil level

Thanks for that link John, very interesting!
      The only query that remains in my mind is that the FB's using the 10E were all 3 speed, not four, can anyone tell me if the capacities are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Trafdlo View Post
        Thanks for that link John, very interesting!
        The only query that remains in my mind is that the FB's using the 10E were all 3 speed, not four, can anyone tell me if the capacities are the same?
        I think the point raised in the FB thread applies to both 3 & 4 speed boxes. The level should be set by the level plug but with the engine in the right inclination. Presumably tilted forward as with the 9E in a Greeves. I think FB & James K7T Commando which had a 4 speed box, were the only manufacturers to install it as a 10E upright.

Comment

Working...
        X