Nice 25DC Sports Twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 25DC Sports Twin

Found this pic on http://www.vintagebike.co.uk web site. Nice looking bike caption says its owner is Ken Wilson who I think is a GRA (and Forum) member
    pic taken by Steve Hodgson
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/11/2015, 11:28 AM.

25 dc

By gosh, fame at last!
    Yes it is my well used but shiny bike.
    I do a lot of Teesside Yesteryear MC runs including one to Holland each year plus some S Durham VMCC events. I did the Beamish Trophy Trial on the bike a few years ago but it took quite a battering so I have not repeated the exercise!
    The photo was taken by my pal Steve Hodgson from Darlington who has a very eclectic taste in bikes but is currently racking up the miles on an Excelsior with an 8E engine. We did the Beamish together when he was riding a 197cc Norman with a 9E
    I have tried to add a photo of my bike on the Eskdale Road Safety Trial which is run by TYMC for old cars and bikes on the N York Moors in September. I am the only Greeves that takes part! It would be nice one year to get a team of 3 Greeves to compete for the team prize?
    Ken
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice to see them being used..

Great photos of a working bike..

In the second photo is it me or has someone taken your stabilizer wheels off?

Scott (Only joking please don't take offence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Wilson View Post
        By gosh, fame at last!
        Yes it is my well used but shiny bike.
        I do a lot of Teesside Yesteryear MC runs including one to Holland each year plus some S Durham VMCC events. I did the Beamish Trophy Trial on the bike a few years ago but it took quite a battering so I have not repeated the exercise!
        The photo was taken by my pal Steve Hodgson from Darlington who has a very eclectic taste in bikes but is currently racking up the miles on an Excelsior with an 8E engine. We did the Beamish together when he was riding a 197cc Norman with a 9E
        I have tried to add a photo of my bike on the Eskdale Road Safety Trial which is run by TYMC for old cars and bikes on the N York Moors in September. I am the only Greeves that takes part! It would be nice one year to get a team of 3 Greeves to compete for the team prize?
        Ken
        Hi ken, why don`t you post a bit more info on the north moor run, i`m sure some members would be interested in taking part, sounds like a good run out....

Comment

Ken. Glad you did not mind me putting the pic up, but just happened to come across it when searching Google Images under Greeves https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Gr...IVir4UCh3zkQxs Loads of Greeves bikes on there. I see from your profile you also have a US spec TFS Trail, have you a pic of this?

Comment

25dc

Hi All
            I bought the TFS Trail from Don Heath (5 years ago?) but did not find it really suitable for bumbling around on the N York Moors (the power was a bit savage!) so I ended up selling it to a chap in Durham a year or so later. I have attached a photo.
            The Eskdale which is based on pre-war 2 reliability trial routes starts and finishes at Middlesbrough MC and covers most of the hills on the moors. The morning run is 60 miles or so before a lunch stop at Grosmont (working steam trains run between here and Pickering). The 50 mile afternoon run takes us back to Middlesbrough for tea.biscuits and tales of daring do. I have attached another photo of the Greeves climbing Rosedale Chimney in the aafternoon. The earlier photo is at the top of Blakey Bank coming out of Farndale. Within the club I do get a bit of flack about my Summer riding suit but it only comes out when the weather forecast is guaranteed!!. The superb handling of the Greeves is ideally suited the twisty moorland roads.
            Before next years event I will try and get a bit in LL in the hope of maybe getting a "Greeves" team out
            Ken
            Attached Files

Comment

Ken, do you recall the reg. No of the TFS Trail? Nice shot of the Sports Twin.

Comment

TFS Trail

Hi
                I could not remember the number last night when I sent the picture. However after stirring the brain cells a bit it was FAW220C
                Ken

Comment

Working...
                X