3T Primary chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3T Primary chain

Please could someone help, my 3T primary chain has no play what so ever, it is very tight, there is no joining link, is this normal. My 2T has a joining link in the chain. Thanks, Michael.

3T (and 2T & 4T) primary chain tension

The tensioning of the primary chain is done by adding/subtracting gaskets between the crankcases & the gearbox. Obviously the engine unit needs to be removed from bike & partly dismantled to do this. There needs to be 1/4" play on chain. There is not a joining link fitted to chain.

Comment

Thank you John for your reply.
      Please could you tell me what gasket i need to put between the crankcase and gearbox, i dont understand how this will effect the tension of the chain. If i put a joining link in the chain would this work.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Page View Post
        Thank you John for your reply.
        Please could you tell me what gasket i need to put between the crankcase and gearbox, i dont understand how this will effect the tension of the chain. If i put a joining link in the chain would this work.
        Michael
        They are paper gaskets you can just buy gasket paper from a car accessory shop & make your own. You then add or remove gaskets to increase or reduce the distance between crankshaft & gearbox shaft to effect chain tension. A joining link will not adjust length of chain, but it will make a weak link & cause chain to break, that's why they are riveted.

Comment

3t primary chain

thank you john for your reply michael page

Comment

Working...
          X