DD frame number query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD frame number query

Had a query from a 25DD owner his frame number has an L suffix, I think this refers to the lighter blue (Quaker Blue tank sides & Mountain Blue remainder) Its a Mk2 with 4T engine.
    Anyone know for sure?
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/07/2015, 12:00 PM.

DD frame no.

I have a DD machine which I restored, my enquiry to GRA,I was told that L denotes that it left the factory in light blue, mine certainly did as I found traces on restoration, I hope this helps. Les.

Comment

As I thought Les, It was the later 25DD Mk2 (4T engine) that was thus painted, the Mk1 was just the darker (Moorland?) blue. I well remember our late member Dave Deacon restoring one & it took a bit of time to establish the paint codes. I seem to recall him talking about Peacock Blue but the spec seems to refer to Quaker & Mountain blue. Incidentally the 25DD in question is frame number 600 this must be one of the last.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        As I thought Les, It was the later 25DD Mk2 (4T engine) that was thus painted, the Mk1 was just the darker (Moorland?) blue. I well remember our late member Dave Deacon restoring one & it took a bit of time to establish the paint codes. I seem to recall him talking about Peacock Blue but the spec seems to refer to Quaker & Mountain blue. Incidentally the 25DD in question is frame number 600 this must be one of the last.
        Despite dear old Dave's persisting in calling it Peacock Blue, the official name was Light Mountain Blue - hence the "L"?

And don't they look good in it!
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Peacock Blue

Presumably Dave found Peacock Blue a close match for Light Mountain Blue that was readily available. ie a car colour

Comment

Working...
          X