Registering/re-registering a bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering/re-registering a bike

Hi, this can be done easily and quickly through The British Two-Stroke Club using their Dating Officer, Howard Blakeborough, email :- machinedatingbtse@live.co.uk It can be done by mail using photographs,engine and frame numbers,rubbings etc.. Howard helped me to register my Bantam. Once he had all the info. he asked for, it took 7 working days for the DVLA to issue a new reg. no. starider

The VMCC are a lot cheaper -Members £17 Non-Members £27.50

Comment

Just checked registration fees

Tony, you are not correct,The British Two Stroke Club is cheeper, 10 pounds for members, 20 pounds for non members, plus of course the fee to the DVLA. Tony[starider].

Comment

When I read the VMCC site information there was no mention of the DVLA fee, which would make it cheaper. I probably did not read it correctly
        http://www.vmcc.net/media/file/SOS%20form.pdf

Comment

Dvla

That's the problem with DVLA, it's all pay[although with the Bantam it did include 12 months tax, which of course is free anyway]. I used the BTSC as I am a member, which is affiliated to the VMCC anyway. Tony.

Comment

There is only a DVLA fee of £55 if you are applying for a new (age related number) or indeed the initial registration of a new vehicle.
            If you are reclaiming an existing registration via the V765 scheme then its free.
            How to register your vehicle and the cost - new registrations, kit cars, rebuilds, radically altered vehicles, old and classic vehicles, vehicle identification numbers, Q plates

You will of course have to pay the club for authentication in either case
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 21/06/2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X