25db rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25db rear shocks

Ive recently downloaded the girling/Armstrong shocks specs but cannot find a ref to 25DB. Can anyone help with specifications? For instance ; length, spring weight, size of top and bottom eye fixing diameters, suppliers.
    Thanks, Rick.

25DB Rear Shock Specs.

Hi Rick,

Have a look at post #1/pics 2 and 3 in this thread; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4672

Hopefully this should cover what you need.

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/04/2015, 02:38 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

25db shocks.

A good replacement seems to be available from Hitchcocks {Royal enfield agents} part number 110866, they are very helpful on the phone,so a call to them could be useful. I hope this helps.

Comment

Rear shocks

Morning Rick
        you are going through exactly the same issues I have. So what was your bike like a kit or complete needing tlc? There is awide choice and you can spend a lot of loot if you want I purchased a set from Villiers services for58.95 plus vat and carraige fit perfectly and look good . look on there web site . the fixings should be 3/8 the length 11.9 inches only time will tell if they are any good. all the best mike have you posted any pictures ?

Comment

25db rear shocks

Hope this picture helps you. I.ve just put up some pictures on the projects forum of my efforts!
          Attached Files

Comment

25DB rear shocks

Hello everyone who answered my request for shocks info:- Mike, Brian and
            Mayfield. It looks like I`m sorted when I`m ready. Yep my bikes a real shed
            I should have refused delivery of it. But I do like a challenge and have I got one. Moving on, I have thoughts of painting it BLACK !!!!! Mainly cos of cost. Yes I did paid over the top for it. Black because there are quite a few paints one can paint onto bare metal with good effect. The tank would present a
            bit of a problem and that's got to look right, so I would appreciate any ideas members might have as to 2 colours or lining etc.
            Many thanks Rick

Comment

Depends upon how you want to restore the bike, if you want it back in original as built condition for shows etc then you need it Moorland Blue with two tone tank. But if you just want a rideable bike then paint it any colour you want. Greeves painted the 1965/6 25DC East Coaster Black but with silver tank insert with gold line.
              Its your bike the choice is yours, you dont have to paint it a colour to appease the rivet counters.

Comment

paints

Good morning Rick
                Like John says do your own thing don't get hung up on "moorland blue" at shepton mallet there were no 2 greeves the same shade of blue .If you look through some of the pictures on the forums there are some really smart and individual paint schemes. I made the mistake of using RS moorland blue which looks nice but is definitely a few shade darker than original. As for the tank I gave up trying to stop it pickling and sent it to a pro(this will be RAL5001) as you say the tank is the crowning glory. are you photographing your project?Don't be shy put some pics up.Mike

Comment

Working...
                X