25dc font fork loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25dc font fork loop

Is the front fork loop the same on the roadsters as the offroaders?
    My front mudguard will only fit inside the loop.
    When the stay, which runs round inside the mudguard, is bolted to the loop the bolt head stops the forks turning.
    The bike was a pile of mismatched bits.
    I have had it running and without the bolt it passed the MOT. I had to butcher the offside exhaust pipe so that it missed the loop but it still fouls the bolt.
    Mike

Roadster Loop Query.

Hi Mike,

Sadly, I haven't got the foggiest on this one mate, but I thought at least I could offer you this pic to be going on with, which I beleive to be of a 'standard' set up on a 25DC.

Hopefully one of our Roadster members will be able to help advise you on this one.

So come on chaps, or is it always up to JW to do all the hard work helping other members out with advice for these models?

Brian.
    Attached Files

Comment

The off road bikes had bigger loops giving more clearance, & to accommodate a larger 21" front wheel (roadsters have 19") as in the pic Brian has put up the roadster loops have the mudguard on the outside, with a welded on bracket to attach the mudguard. So looks like you have the wrong loop Mike.
      Sight of the Greeves drawings should confirm (Rob!!)
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/03/2015, 01:01 PM. Reason: Re wording

Comment

Roadster info.

Thank you John!

Brian.

Comment

25dc front forks.

Thank you both.
          I obviously have the wrong loop.
          I will now have to search for the correct one and if possible do a swap / trade. The rubber bush which Adrian fitted is in effect new only done at most 200 miles.
          Mike

Comment

25DC fork loop

A roadster front loop on E,bay at this moment,not a lot of time left to run. It does not have the welded on tab for fixing of mudguard,that is not a big issue as a wrap around fixing would be an easy solution. I hope this helps Mike, Regards Les.

Comment

Originally posted by mayfield View Post
              A roadster front loop on E,bay at this moment,not a lot of time left to run. It does not have the welded on tab for fixing of mudguard,that is not a big issue as a wrap around fixing would be an easy solution. I hope this helps Mike, Regards Les.

Comment

Working...
              X