Roadster headlamp shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster headlamp shells

I was talking to an East Coaster owner yesterday & he told me that John Swainson makes fibreglass headlamp shells for the DB/DC roadsters. He had not as yet bought one himself so did not know what the quality or fit was like. I don't have a contact for John.

dbheadlamp shroud

some one must know contact details.put me down for one as it will save hours of tin smithing.

Comment

Contact

If my memory serves me right , Dave Mcgregor knows him

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
        some one must know contact details.put me down for one as it will save hours of tin smithing.
        Have found a number for John Swainson 01302 849029. Please report back on these as I am sure other roadster members would be interested

Comment

head lamp nassle

thanks I will call tomorrow to see what the score is and report back

Comment

replica fibre glass

Spoken to John his health is not brilliant arthritic hands but he has agreed to make me one £45 inc p&p brilliant thanks for the help

Comment

Spoken to John his health is not brilliant arthritic hands but he has agreed to make me one £45 inc p&p brilliant thanks for the help
              Looks like a good time for anyone else wanting one to contact John so he can make a small batch. Did he say if he can make both types ie with or without lighting switch as slightly different molds would be required.

Comment

head lamp

sorry to say being a peasant and ignorant of such matters the conversation was short, I think he can only do one style?

Comment

sorry to say being a peasant and ignorant of such matters the conversation was short, I think he can only do one style?
                  If you need to find out as being in fibreglass you will not be able to convert one to the other, the switch aperture is recessed so cannot be replicated on the non switch one. Unlike steel where you can 'tin bash' it.

Comment

Working...
                  X