25DB Ignition Lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hgnition lock

Thanks for that John I think you are probably right looks ok in the casing. I have spoken to VS and they tell me they have had no issues!! So my next question is would it work if I joined the blue and green from the points together and say connect them to blue on the switch and run green from switch to earth?

Comment

Originally posted by mikerwt View Post
      Thanks for that John I think you are probably right looks ok in the casing. I have spoken to VS and they tell me they have had no issues!! So my next question is would it work if I joined the blue and green from the points together and say connect them to blue on the switch and run green from switch to earth?
      NO that wont work as you are shorting the two coils together. It may work if you connect them individually to the switch (if it has two terminals) so that then connects them together & effectively shorts one out to the other when switch is in Off position. Not sure though if that would damage the ignition coils.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/06/2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

ignition lock

That was how I wired it first and nothing worked on disconnecting it the engine ran perfectly so I thought oh! So I'm trying to finish the last little odd jobs and have come to an impasse. I'm hoping that Keith will be visiting in the near future to worship at the shrine of the Iron God so I will get him to cast an eye over the issue. Will keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
        X