Roadster brake switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster brake switch

Hi I'am slowly putting my 32DD Essex Twin back together, a lot of accessories came in a box so I am a bit puzzled as to how they are mounted, and not having another bike to look at I need some help.
    The offside rear fork is a bit crowded the brake rod fouls the speedo drive gear box, sorted that out, then there is the brake light switch, I have a choice of two in the spares box, one looks correct the other looks like it has been modified, the combinations and permutations are numerous, does it mount on the brake anchor or the pillion footrest mount?
    Could someone post a photo showing how it all fits together so I can assemble it the correct way: Cheers Pete from the Antipodes

The switch mounts on a bracket bolted to the brake anchor mounting on swinging arm. It is operated via a spring attached to the brake rod. The pics are from a 25DC with alloy hubs & switch is a Yamaha one, but mounting is basically the same on all bikes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Brake switch

Many thanks John, I can now put it back together the correct way Cheers Pete

Comment

Working...
      X