Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 bhj

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if Essex Twin 56 bhj is still around?
    One identifying feature is that it was fitted with a twin leading shoe front brake.

Mike.

Originally posted by MikeV View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if Essex Twin 56 bhj is still around?
    One identifying feature is that it was fitted with a twin leading shoe front brake.

Mike.
    56 BHJ is not shown on the DVLA web site or other vehicle check web sites. So looks to have long gone. Of course it could be still around in someones shed or re registered on another number. When was it last known to be on the road?

Comment

Hi John,

I sold to Costins of Southend in the late 60's when I trasfered to 4 wheels.

Mike.

Comment

Looks like it demised prior to 1979/80 when licencing transferred to DVLA from local councils. (Southend, Essex in this case) Bits have probably surfaced somewhere but without the frame number you will never know. If you want to get frame number, Essex Record Office at Chelmsford will have its first reg record. But even with frame number you are unlikely to find it.

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.
          When I had it, it had a light blue race type fairing on it along with modified sillencers(by me).with a tweeked needle in the carb' (again by me),and clip-on handle bars. Bert Greeves actually carried out a road test on it. He was quite supprised by the way it went, along with a lot of other bike users that came along to the Blinking Owl cafe on the A127.
          The fairing was destroyed when it was run over by one of the Greeves lorries when it was parked outside the factory. The fairing I had was the last in the stores and was never reproduced, shame.

Regards,
          Mike.

Comment

Working...
          X