Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4T dust caps

Does anyone know what they are and where these go on a 4T

Not 4T I assume they are rubber caps to fit over the carb top, for a 4T they would need a second hole for the choke. Probably off an industrial or lawn mower engine.

Comment

4T

They are mag pick up rubbers not 4T possibly 8E or 1F...John P.

Comment

I emailed the seller & told them that they were mag pick up covers and this is her reply:

HI, No they are not mag covers but carb dust caps. I have sold about 20 with no complaints. Regards Daphne.

Ebay sellers know more (or think they do) than us

Here is a pic of one on a HT lead assy http://www.villiersparts.co.uk/241.jpg fits an Allen scythe
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/10/2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

4 T Dust caps

Could she be refering to the rubber moulded sleeve that covers the slide body and top with the screw cap incorporating a hole for choke and throttle cable these were about a few years back.
          Years before most riders would use push bike tubes slid over and tied off with wire etc ?

Comment

Dick, I think there were rubber/plastic caps for Amal but have never seen any for Villiers, although I suppose you could adapt an Amal one to fit the S25.
            The lady in question still seems to think the caps she is selling are for carbs not HT leads. As I said previously eBay sellers often dont know what they are selling.

Comment

Working...
            X