How many Greeves road bikes are still actually ridden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road bikes in use

Yes John, not only are Essex roads good, the green lanes are looked after and smooth enough to ride two up on the Greeves. The Essex Section VMCC run by Dick Hobart uses Roads and Green Lanes and is an excellent event and doable on a road bike...John P.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pattinson View Post
      Yes John, not only are Essex roads good, the green lanes are looked after and smooth enough to ride two up on the Greeves. The Essex Section VMCC run by Dick Hobart uses Roads and Green Lanes and is an excellent event and doable on a road bike...John P.
      What part of Essex are the runs John? Its a fair old ride from where you live & over the Dartford bridge I assume.

Comment

As the Dartford Bridge has been mentioned.....Please keep an eye out for the dreaded DART CHARGE changes and remember that your bike will be free, but you will be charged for your car, van etc. AND...You will not be able to pay at the Toll booths. Latest date for implementation is "Late November" according to the website.

Comment

Darting about

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          As the Dartford Bridge has been mentioned.....Please keep an eye out for the dreaded DART CHARGE changes and remember that your bike will be free, but you will be charged for your car, van etc. AND...You will not be able to pay at the Toll booths. Latest date for implementation is "Late November" according to the website.
          "Big Brother" ... and 30 years late.
          Come and live in rural France. No tolls, no parking fees and lots of council car parks everywhere
          It's a different world. Only cities charge for parking.
          Greedy place the UK.
          I wonder if the technology will pick up non reflective alloy number plates?

Comment

Hang on a minute........how much are the tolls on the Motorways?????? We only pay for the Bridges and if you want to avoid the worst bit of the M6. In France you pay on most of the Motorway network!

Comment

Road Bikes in Use.

We go all around the villages you visited recently and are based in Maldon Essex. I do not travel through the tunnel on the bike but come through with a caravan and a van to the VMCC Essex base at Maldon. Then ride out each day, its great fun...John P.

Comment

Motorway tolls.

Hang on a minute........how much are the tolls on the Motorways?????? We only pay for the Bridges and if you want to avoid the worst bit of the M6. In France you pay on most of the Motorway network!
                No motorways in Normandie. They are few and far between and we've never had any need to use them. Especially with our ancient Vauxhall Wyvern, a bit too slow I'm afraid.

I think the French motorways are big autoroutes that are inter city connections. No proper cities down here, just towns. All with no parking charges.

I notice that the Liberals are promising to scrap the Severn Bridge toll, currently £6.40. I still won't vote for them!!! But why not scrap it anyway and avoid all those long rush hour and holiday traffic jams.

Or ... ride a bike.

Comment

The french Autoroutes are expensive Brian, but compared to this country the biz for getting anywhere fast. You will very rarely see roadworks or be held up or ushered into single lane driving on these roads.

They have motorist & family friendly Aires too. ( a bit like our service areas but far far better equiped) No 2 hour stay limit! You can stop in for as long as you like. I've often stopped overnight and continued my journey the next morning. I even remember fishing one evening for Carp in an aire pond!

All other roads are free.

Regards,
                  David.

Comment

Working...
                  X