condensers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• condensers

My East Coaster seems to eat condensers.Any ideas please?

Originally posted by merlin View Post
    No idea but are they the correct type. There is no reason for a condenser to fail
    quickly if the correct specification for the job. How do you know they have 'been eaten'?

You may care to read this thread http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/...nser-failures/
    Although its car related the same applies to bikes. Looks like you may need to source some good quality ones as the ones marketed as Lucas are apparently crap made in the far east.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/09/2014, 02:14 PM. Reason: Thread added

Comment

condensera

Thanks John.I assume one or both have failed as when I replace the miss fire is cured.I buy them from Villiers Services.Thanks once again

Comment

Ignition condensers

Originally posted by merlin View Post
        Way back I used Mini car condensers fitted externally under the tank, they worked ok and are cheap. I might be that you have non standard ignition coils fitted, the condensers can be affected by the wrong coil.

Never ever fit "genuine" old Villiers condensers, they are decades old and will fail quickly, or never work. Dunno what Villiers Services sell but hopefully they are not new old stock!!!

It HAS to be a new condenser. Try MiniSpares or any local car parts shop. And please make sure that all the points fixings and insulators are correctly fitted. My old 32DC ran fine on Mini condensers.

Worth a try ..

Comment

Thanks will see how the new ones go.Then take your comments on board.

Comment

condensers

Just an update,two new condensers got my old Greeves back again a joy to ride.

Comment

Working...
            X