Battery for a 3T sports twin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery for a 3T sports twin

What battery is the best type and size to use on a 1964 3T sports twin?

Battery

I use a 6v 10amp hour sealed lead acid like this one http://www.batterymasters.co.uk/Prod...tery_1154.aspx
    They will fit in the battery box endwise with a bit of foam packing. They are ok to use at any angle. Various sources but this firm seaem cheap. You can stili buy the wet lead acid ones from most m/c shops & eBay, you would probably have to settle for a 5 amp hour one though.

Comment

Battery for 3T sports twin

I use a sealed battery obtained from a farmers supply outlet,. The one I am using on both my 25DC and 32DC is a Power/Sonic model PS682F1 6v 8amp hr, Size 4inch x 2 1/8 x 4 3/4 high, fits nicely in tool box, Google Power Sonic a picture will appear. The ones I have are over 6 years old. I trust this useful.

Comment

3T Sports twin

Thanks John Wakefield, great help.

Comment

Originally posted by mayfield View Post
          I use a sealed battery obtained from a farmers supply outlet,. The one I am using on both my 25DC and 32DC is a Power/Sonic model PS682F1 6v 8amp hr, Size 4inch x 2 1/8 x 4 3/4 high, fits nicely in tool box, Google Power Sonic a picture will appear. The ones I have are over 6 years old. I trust this useful.
          Pic http://www.powersonicbatteries.co.uk...battery-|6530/
          Looks a good buy there Mayfield, the loss of a couple of amps wont matter (I think the originals were only 5 amp hr). One thing to be aware of with the sealed lead acid battery in not to over charge them, I find the Villiers charging system without lights on puts out a tad too much amperage, OK if you are riding slowly or only on short journeys, but if going on a long run it best to 'leak off' some amperage by turning the pilot & rear lights on.

Comment

Working...
          X