It lives, It lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It lives, It lives

Just a quick update to everyone that has offered advice over the last 14 months.
    The 25dc lives. We've made it to work this morning after a modest 20mile ride with no particular issues.
    First MOT in 10 years is booked for later in the day.

Points to note: Bike spits and chokes at low rpm and wont idle or pull in top about 35/40mph. Assumed cause is the original coils that are still fitted. I know this was vanity on my part but they will be replaced with modern ones over the weekend.

Oil is splattering out of the primary drive case. I'm going to add some slightly thicker oil and tighten the screws up.

Only other is is the horn has seen better days. Is there a minimum noise the horn has to make to pass an MOT?

So all in all not bad. Lovely bike to ride and the handling is really very good.

Attached are a couple of photos of the bike resplendent outside the office.

Quick question, anyone that has had a Villiers Service complete engine rebuild, how long did you take to run it in? Did you follow the original manual instructions?

Thanks

Richard
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rlidsto2 View Post
    Oil is splattering out of the primary drive case. I'm going to add some slightly thicker oil and tighten the screws up.

Only other is is the horn has seen better days. Is there a minimum noise the horn has to make to pass an MOT?

Quick question, anyone that has had a Villiers Service complete engine rebuild, how long did you take to run it in? Did you follow the original manual instructions?
    Thanks
    Richard
    Looks a nice bike.
    To answer you questions.
    1) Primary chaincase leak: Looks like a gasket or distorted cover, make sure all faces are clean & true, use a silicone gasket sealer. Thickness of oil should not come into it.
    2) The horn obviously passed the MoT so no need to worry
    3) Running in: Run in as original instructions, around £500 miles at a steady pace not using high revs, stopping occasionally to let engine cool in first few miles, is the order of the day

Comment

Never made it to MOT. Complete coil failure. Had to ring aa for a lift and shift.
      Let us not discuss that useless bunch of tossers.

Anyway. Many hours later the bike is at home. Two new coils fitted ( had to design and make new mounting brackets) tank replaced. Fired first time.

Starts and idles like a different machine. Will try and get it mot't in the next few days.

Horn is tweaked and is much better.

Just need to monitor the oil leaks now the bolts are pinched p a bit more..

Cheers

Comment

What coils did you fit?

Comment

Not sure of the brand. Whatever VS sold me. Work a treat and bike just passed mot with flying colours.

Comment

Working...
          X