East Coaster & Essex mk2 exhaust pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coaster & Essex mk2 exhaust pipes

Does anyone know a source of correct pattern exhaust pipes for the 4T engined 25DC mk2 (East Coaster) & the 25DD mk2 Essex.
    The ones sold by Villiers Services apparently dont fit properly, too long from exhaust port to bottom bend which causes mis-alignment of silencers. The Armours ones have a large radius bend (like those on the RE Turbo Twin) and although they fit do not look right.
    The Greeves ones have a tight top bend followed by a straight section before the bottom bend. They tuck in neatly around engine. I have been asked by several owners about a source of these, at the moment the only way is to find a good original set & have them re chromed which is expensive & good second hand pipes are hard to find.
    One would have thought in these days of computor controlled pipe bending someone could get it right.

John ,

Did you see the East Coaster for sale in Old Bike Mart ?.

Chris

Comment

You could ask Sheffield British Motorcycles, they sold me a correct silencer for a 20DC last year. 01246 290021

Comment

Originally posted by pluscab View Post
        You could ask Sheffield British Motorcycles, they sold me a correct silencer for a 20DC last year. 01246 290021
        I dont think they would have them & they are not the most helpfull firm to deal with. Luckily mine are fine but just thought if there was a good source it may help other owners to know.

Comment

East Coaster in OBM

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
          John ,

Did you see the East Coaster for sale in Old Bike Mart ?.

Chris
          Chris
          There was an EC in OBM in Unearthed (Mike Worthington Williams column) it was 25DC 446B reg GDG 9D. It was not advertised for sale so was there another one? I have traced the owner of GDG 9D (which was already known to me with a previous owner) current owner will I think sell on as it requires a bit more work than he is prepared for. I think he is looking for about £1400 as it has a restored 4T engine. I have a phone number if anyone is intrested.
          Now on eBay for £1495 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEVES-EA...item43bcd3435d
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 14/06/2013, 09:14 PM. Reason: eBay link added

Comment

2T pipes on eBay

Item number:

Comment

Working...
            X