Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster kick start

Hi everyone
    Does anyone know of a source of a kickstart suitable for a 32a that will clear the footrest when in operation or alternatively does anyone do big toe replacements !....help please
    thanks

Ian

Folding kickstart

Villiers Services do them http://villiersservices.co.uk/index....dex&cPath=8_94
    @ £75 though

Comment

Originally posted by ian bryant View Post
      Hi everyone
      Does anyone know of a source of a kickstart suitable for a 32a that will clear the footrest when in operation or alternatively does anyone do big toe replacements !....help please
      thanks

Ian
      If your existing kickstart is an original, I'd be interested in buying it if you do decide to replace it. My 32DC's got the wrong one.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

ok Colin will bear that in mind
        thanks

Ian

Comment

Colin
          I think the kick starters on the twins (2T 3T & 4T) have a different size spline than the singles. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Comment

Kick Starters

The splines are the same 3/4" but the spring location hole is further from the shaft on the twin. Also the 3t had a straight kickststart not the cranked as used on a 32a...John P.

Comment

Thanks John
              I knew there was some difference. Here is a pic of a 3T one on a 32DC

The straight ones must have been fitted to the siamese exhaust models as my 25DC Mk 2 with seperate exhausts has a cranked one to clear the exhaust. This means it has to be fitted leaning forward to clear your leg.

Comment

Roadster kick start

I found a nice heavy hinged pillion footrest at auto jumble cost £2. Cut off the one causing problem & welded hinged one in place.This was done on 1960Scottish.
                Last edited by PeteNev; 12/03/2013, 11:23 AM. Reason: model altratiun done on

Comment

Originally posted by PeteNev View Post
                  I found a nice heavy hinged pillion footrest at auto jumble cost £2. Cut off the one causing problem & welded hinged one in place.This was done on 1960Scottish.
                  You cant do this on a roadster, as footrests are mounted differently, anyway with the correct kickstarter for the model there is no problem.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments....my problem is with my toes hitting the main footrest not the pillion rest...I think the kickstart lever currently fitted is the correct one, it has a slight crank in it....perhaps its just lack of technique on my part....thanks all for the ideas

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                      Colin
                      I think the kick starters on the twins (2T 3T & 4T) have a different size spline than the singles. Maybe someone else can confirm.
                      Oh b*gg*r! I read 32A as 32DC, so your kickstart wouldn't work for me.
                      Sorry Ian.

It's an age thing...
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

If its any consolation I have the same problem with my 25DB, I've just posted a thread. It hurts doesn't it.
                        I'm checking kick starter lengths. If mine is the right one I may cut it and lengthen it by an inch.

See you an A&E

Phil

Comment

On a similar subject does anyone know where I can source the kick start parts for a 25DC roadster?
                          Cheers

Comment

2,3 & 4T kickstarter parts

Depends upon what parts you need, Villiers Services do the return spring & may do the kick start gear. If its the lever they are like hens teeth, no new ones available just have to trawl eBay, autojumbles & place a wanted ad in LL

Comment

Working...
                            X