Villiers Kickstart Rubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villiers Kickstart Rubbers

As many of you will know the repro Villiers kickstart rubbers available these days are rubbish, one or two kicks & they start to break up. A good quality rubber that will fit is from a Yamaha Townmate & only £1.94 (plus p&p) from A J Sutton http://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co...6%3D5655&uid=0
    I have had one of these fitted to my 4T engined East Coaster for some time & it is stiill in one piece. OK it has not got Villiers moulded into it, (nor does it have Yamaha), so unless you are a 'rivet counter' it does the job well.

That's worth knowing, John, thanks. I'd virtually given up on kickstart rubbers for the Sports Twin for that very reason.

(The double entendre possibilities of this thread are endless...)
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Kick starter rubber

Colin They are are fairly tight fit so plenty of soap or swafega needed to get them on over the retaining bit on the kickstarter. Rubber is somewhat harder that the Villiers ones.

Comment

Kick Starter Rubber

Hello John, I may give this one a try myself. Think I will go for the Mug of
        boiling water and the Swafega,the bugger won`t have a chance !

And to think we used to call it "Jap-Crap". Oh how the mighty have fallen !!

Rob.

Comment

My local man used tape and hair spray seems to work ok

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
            My local man used tape and hair spray seems to work ok
            You wont need tape or hairspray its will be a tight fit, anyway the large diameter end to kick starter will stop it coming off

Comment

Working...
            X