Oil mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil mix

Trying to decide which petrol/oil mix and how much in my 32a engined 24DC, I note VS advise not to use modern oils in old engines (I assume they mean synthetics) however it appears a lot of people do use it and presumably there is less smoke with less oil, would appreciate some expert views please....the engine has not had a lot of use post rebuild by VS
    thanks
    Ian

2 stroke oil

This subject has been raised many times on the forum (do a search for 2 stroke oil) but for your engine use non synthetic 2 Stroke oil (I have used Comma 2 Stroke oil http://www.commaoil.co.uk/productsgu...w/6/267/TST5L/ for many years) with no problems. As for ratio, Villiers recommend 20 to 1 but with modern oils this can be leaned out to 25 to 1. "Remember oil is cheaper than bearings"

Comment

I think the oil question,detergent(modern) V mono grade is about 4 stroke engines that can accumulate sludge.Two strokes have a constant loss situation.

Comment

oil mix

Thanks for the advice
        Ian

Comment

I have also deliberated over this issue. Today I have been thrashing my Anglian around Hungry Hill on fully synthetic (Putoline MX7) at 50:1. I also race a couple of Yamaha TZ's and quite often use left-over mixture from them (Castrol A747) 32:1. This is 50/50 Shell VPower and Avgas and it stops the old girl from detonating.

I don't do a lot with the Anglian so I think it will hold together!

Comment

The requirements for a trials or racing engine are somewhat different from a road engine & therefore synthetic may be a better choice for these, but for a bog standard 32A engined road bike non synthetic is best, & a higher oil content will protect the internals while idle in the shed. After all none of as do megga miles on road bike do we!!!

Comment

Working...
            X