Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fleetwing-drawings for battery box/tinware, reference pics etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid!

It looks like my Fleetwing has the rear end of a later DB or DC roadster grafted on, and a piece neatly welded to the top frame member to replace the battery box, and at the lower end the swing arm spindle passes through it where it slots in between the engine plates.
    I intend to rebuild it as it is, but have a problem with the existing swinging arm spacers (the ones that came with this bike don't fit!).
    Does anyone have details of the standard spacer dimensions for the DB / DC please?

Thanks in advance
    Andy B

Comment

Spacer drawing

If you look on this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...=frame+spacers
      I have previously posted the frame spacer drawings
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 04/10/2012, 11:19 PM. Reason: link amended

Comment

Excellent! Thanks John,

Andy B

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian Thompson;11206]Hi Spike/Andy,

[/ QUOTE]Love the pictures Brian..................not sure the ad campaign would work these days though "Greeves for the discriminating!"

Comment

Frankenstein's Roadster

Thought I'd post a few pics showing my bike in kit-form as it was when I aquired it, as loosely assembled, and as is now (still work-in-progress)...

Thanks to everyone on here who has helped me so far. I still need to sort out the headlight and associated electrics, adjust the front seat bracket geometry, fit various rubbers to footrests and levers, get the silencer rechromed etc., but it runs and it sounds great!

AndyB
            Attached Files

Comment

Andy
              I can certainly confirm that the rear frame is DC as is the seat, tank, front forks & mudguards. Looks like the twin drum front brake is one of the few Fleetwing parts. More of a 25DC 'Sport Wing'
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/12/2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for that - what is it about the front forks that identifies them as DC?

AndyB
                Attached Files

Comment

They may also be DB or even trials or scrambles, what I was getting at was that they are not the friction damped ones like fitted to the early Fleetwing
                  I assumed they probably came from the same bike as frame rear section which is DC. The later Fleetwing I note did have the later forks & from the welded bracket they could be from a 1957 on Fleetwing.
                  Someone in the know on forks may be able to positively identify them from the pics you have just posted.
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/01/2014, 01:10 PM. Reason: Extra text added

Comment

The very early Fleetwings had friction damped front forks, but the 1958 onward Fleetwing had telescopic dampers - as per the pics which Brian posted further up this thread, and photographed by Colin in this thread:

Greeves roadsters, e.g. Sports Twin and Single, Essex Twin, Fleetwing, Fleetmaster, Fleetstar Deluxe, East Coaster.

Regards
                    AndyB

PS John - after I posted the above, I noticed your edit which covers the point!

Thanks
                    Last edited by AndyB; 01/01/2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X