X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, good news!

The HMO9D Is now officially mine.

V5C Present!

Thanks to all for the help and advice, particularly John!

Let the restoration begin.....

Comment

Good result Matty, its up on the DVLA web site as on SORN. Pleased to have been of help

Comment

How's the resto going

Matty
        Its now approaching 5 years since we last heard from you. How is the East Coaster restoration going? Have you finished it yet? If so maybe you could post some pics.

Comment

John,
          The restoration didn't begin at all sadly due to job/house move and having to put the bike into storage miles away.
          I now have a suitable place for the bikes however.
          Good news is the bike is now stripped down and I am slowly gathering the parts required to build.
          As ever, I do have a few questions!
          Given the bike was used off road at some point the wiring has been absolutely butchered with no battery etc..
          I downloaded your wiring diagram (Thank you) and will make an entire new loom. There are so few wires compared to my Ducati!!
          I am in need of a centre stand which I am worried may have to be made?
          I have a headlight surround and the section that slides over the top of the forks which is great news! Just need the headlight and chrome surround? Do have the switch however.
          Seat is being re foamed and new leather and piping.
          I do need to check the setting out/dimensions of the paint on the tank Silver/black/ pin stripe if anyone could help? Also if there are any official colours for the black/silver?
          Rear mudguard has cleaned up very well however the front is quite out of shape so would appreciate a nod in the direction of the correct replacement?

List of parts/questions below if anyone can kindly assist?

Headlight
          Headlight surround (can't seem to find one with the correct taper at the bottom)
          Battery?
          Centre stand (The bike has no stand at all currently)
          Wheels (I will rebuild the wheels with stainless rims/spokes and existing hubs with new bearings of course) Best place to source these in the Bath area?
          Rear light red plastic cover?
          bearings/bushes (any advice on these welcome as I plan to replace everything)
          Greeves badge RH Battery tray side is missing.

Sorry for such a long posy but may as well get it all out there!

Look forward to any advice given! I aim to have the bike back on the road for the summer if possible!

Matt

Comment

Matt
            I have attached the correct wiring diagram as an early one I posted was incorrect.
            Centre stands are available new from Adrian Dickerson, (details in LL)
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you John,

Do you think I have any hope with the other info?

Comment

Yes they are out there, cycle parts come up on eBay from time to time, Villiers Services can supply things like bushes and bearings, & rear lights. & may have used cycle parts. If you join the GRA you can put an advert in LL as that will get to more members, there are many who do not look in on here

Comment

Working...
                X