New tyres for roadsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres for roadsters

Hi all. Brilliant idea to have a forum, nice one. I wanted to ask a simple question about tyres. I have a 25DC and wanted to replace the Avons, front and rear, only to find they no longer make the SM 3.25 x 18 rear. Can anyone advise on which new tyres, other than Avons, I could go for. Or, could I fit a 3.50 x 18 insted? Many thanks. Ben

Tyres

Think I fitted 3.50 X 18 to my Eastcoaster but will check,also had to buy Chinese but for my speed and distance don't see that as a problem.
    Regards
    Merlin

Comment

New tyres for roadsters.

I use Avon Speedmaster Mk2 300 x 19 on front (yes it will fit in place of 275 x 19 which is unavailable now)
      On the rear I fit 325 x 18 Dunlop K82

Comment

Hi Ben, nice to hear from you. Still helping to sustain the old entente cordiale then?

Do email Rob and make sure he upgrades you to full member: rob.thornton@btinternet.com

Colin
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Road Tyres

I built a road going special and used Metzeler tyres, they come from Brazil,
          useing 18" wheels front and back rear 3.50-18 56s, front 3.25-18m/c.
          In Leading Link 150, the bike is bike of the month and with the new paper
          that is now being used (Note moderaters, I was not asleep at the AGM but paying attention) for the magazine, the photo`s do show the tread pattern very well think their are three photo`s !!

Comment

Tyres

Its a bit of an expensive to have wheels rebuilt, particularly as most people want to keep to orginal spec for authenticity. I think Metzler also do 19 inch ribbed fronts suitable for Greeves & I have seen 'far eastern' made 2.75 x 19 ribbed advertised by one of the tyre suppliers in OBM.

Comment

Working...
            X