HLU 4C Where are You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HLU 4C Where are You

I have recently had an email from Mike Isborne originally from Essex but now living in Wales, who is looking for an East Coaster he bought new in 1965.
    Here is his email:

The reg was HLU 4C. I was the first owner from new and it was the first one sold. It went from the Greeves factory to the Brighton Motorcycle Show and when the show finished it was delivered to Don Smith Motorcycles, Highams Park, London.
    That is where I picked it up from and I had it for I think just over a year.
    I then sold it to my friend Brian Matthews of Brentwood, Essex. Brian now lives in Shenfield, Essex but cannot recall who he sold the bike to
    So if the bike is out there perhaps this will help who ever owns it.

Footnote:
    Only two EC's appear to have been despatched to Don Smith, these being frame numbers 25DC420B & 421B so it may be one of these, both were despatched to Don in Sept 1965, & I have no records of these bikes surviving. It is not showing on the DVLA data base so if it survives its been off the road for some 30 years. The London reg HLU 4C was issued in November 1965 so I do not think this was the first EC sold, maybe the first sold by Don Smith. The registration date ties in with the despatch dates, being a month later.
    If anyone has the bike or knows of its whereabouts please email Mike at mikeisborne@yahoo.co.uk
Working...
X