2t centre seal replacement help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2t centre seal replacement help needed

hi, just had quote for renewing centre seal and bearing, my big ends are fine so i find the quote bloody expensive for a seal and 20 quid bearing, i have devised a way to do this in house with aid of a press and jig to seperate the two circular flywheels without messing with the big ends or bob wieghts and shafts.i know that the bearing and seal are retained in the alloy web plate by circlips, but dont know the detail of the centre shaft,will it slide off when its pulled out one or the other centre flywheels, or will it only pull off one way, any help appricated, i dont want to destroy a crank to find out charlie

2T Crank

Here is a diagram of a 2T crank which might help http://www.isdm.co.uk/VI62/_VSF6.asp?ID=TXC02&fun=F2
    One thing to be aware of is that on re-assembly the crank pins must be exactly aligned at 180 degrees. So you will need some form of jig to re-aline.
    Any error here will effect ignition timing.

Comment

thank you

the jig i have made attaches to the circular webs, with the grove in. and clamps around the outer circumferance, the two jig halves are located by 3 inch dowels, so as long as the cranks where in alingment when seperated they will go back the same, as long as i dont remove the webs from the 2 jig halves. i have seen this drawing thank you, i believe it steps down at each end to fit into the centre flywheels, and the centre is parallel, if so my idea will work, just wonderd if any one ever stripped one to confirm. i used to sprint a 2t special years ago, royal enfield gt frame and running gear, skimmed heads, bit of porting work,twin carbs,on home made manifold,expansion boxes, it went like hell. the only thing that ever let it down was the gearbox, the bronze bushes used to grab and seize,i have around 6 engines, all being stood for a long time, but oiled up first,thats why i am trying to be able to replace it myself, it will save me loads as the big ends etc are all fine. thanks for your help charlie
      i am away quite a bit with work, but when got one in bits will share the info, as others may have a better idea charlie

Comment

2T crankshaft

One thing you may need to replace is the E10452 Shaft centre +0.001" O/S
        this takes up any stretching of the holes & maintains the correct interferance fit. Not sure if these are still available though. A call to Villiers services would confirm

Comment

thats good advice

that will confirm what i need to know to thanks

Comment

2T centre bearing&seal replacement.

Hi Charlie. How did you progress with your centre seal replacement exercise?.I'm interested to know, and if you can post any advice,&sketches of the tooling you made to do the job, i'm sure many other 2T owners will be interested also,as comments on this procedure, are scarce, to say the least!.
            I hope you were successfull,
            Les.

Comment

Working...
            X