Roadster in waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster in waiting

Hi all, I'm a British bike fan of old but this is my first encounter with Greeves. I rescued a roadster from an auction house in Harare a year ago and intend soon to start on restoring. I'd appreciate some help in making a positive ID of the machine since it doesn't slot neatly into the published index by GRA. The engine is a 9E, Number 251 D 9750. The frame number is 20 DC 245. An ID will help a lot in sourcing missing parts in UK. Anyone able to help ?

Originally posted by Dave Nicholls View Post
    The engine is a 9E, Number 251 D 9750. The frame number is 20 DC 245.
    It's a 20DC Sports Single roadster from 1962 or possibly 1963 as it's a late number. The 9E Villiers is correct for this model.

If you join the Greeves Riders Association you can access more of this forum and we may be able to tell you more about your bike.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Close enough after nearly 50 years!

I own 20DC 279 - very original apart from the paintwork which is blue but not moorland blue.
      Paddle hubs on this one.
      Good luck with the rebuild. It's well worthwhile as these are really pretty bikes.
      Join the GRA - its my first post on this forum and I would put a picture up but don't know how.

Comment

Blackshiver,

Have a look in 'New Members' where I have posted info on attaching pics and albums.

As you will see, as a 'Basic User' you can't attach pics. You need to be a paid up member of the GRA (you don't mention this in your profile)-full info is in my post.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/05/2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X