• Time
  • Show
Clear All

dimples !

WHAT I HAD INSTEAD OF THE DIMPLES !

Comment

Guinea Pigs!

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
      Customers should not be used as guinea pigs for prototypes.
      In the case of the part that I mentioned having made via the GRA spares scheme, on the contrary, I was quite happy to be a 'guinea pig' for one of the initial prototypes as it meant we could get the component fabricated, sorted out and checked for fit prior to getting a batch made to benefit GRA members who needed one. Money well spent I reckon, and I got the part I needed where all other avenues had failed.

However, I accept that things can get out of hand sometimes when one takes on the role of being a Guinea pig. The attached pic shows what happened when Dicky Faggetter and Rob Thornton 'kindly' offered to make me some parts for my 'prototype' Greeves scrambler project (since shelved due to council business grant cutbacks because of the recession).....!

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/06/2011, 12:51 AM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Garden variety?

As Adrians name was mentioned I just wanted to make sure that he was not implemented.
        Mmmmm......must admit I'd never thought of Adrian as an 'implement' before....!

Comment

Adrian's Parts!

Just to put the record straight we are NOT talking about Adrian Dickinson's parts here.
          I should jolly well hope not!!!

As a moderator I would like to point out that this kind of topic is completely unacceptable on a 'family' forum such as ours.

Brian.

PS It's Dickerson, not Dickinson....!
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/06/2011, 09:26 PM. Reason: More grins added!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
            I should jolly well hope not!!!

As a moderator I would like to point out that this kind of topic is completely unacceptable on a 'family' forum such as ours.

Brian.
            Quite right Brian, names should never have been mentioned on here. Matter closed as far as I am concerned.

Comment

GRA Spares Co-ordination Role Developments etc.

With regard to the announcement in the current 'Leading Link' (#159, June 2011) that Dave Bradley and Tim Griffin will be enhancing the role of GRA spares co-ordination, I would like to take this opportunity to publically express my sincere and heartfelt gratitiude to Adrian Dickerson for the sterling service he has afforded GRA members over many years in sourcing as well as producing excellent quality spares for their machines. I'm certain that I speak here for countless other members (around the world, and not just in the UK), and I'm very grateful to Adrian for all the help, advice and parts he has helped me to find for my bike, and for pointing me in the right direction and sharing his fabrication contacts within the wider membership when required. I am very pleased to hear that Adrian will be retaining an interest in this area, especially for scrambles models. I would also like to wish Tim and Brad every success in their continuing endeavours to provide help and guidance for fellow Greeves enthusiasts in relation to spares and restoration queries.

As well as finding parts and advice to help keep your Greeves going, another great benefit of GRA membership is of course the friendships that are made with like minded people. I am delighted and fortunate to be able to count Adrian as a very good friend these days, and I truly appreciate the support and encouragement he has so freely given to me over the years I have been a club member, not to mention him being a bl**dy good sport when it comes to sharing a bit of 'banter' on here! You're a true clubman mate, and a great credit to the GRA.

Brian.
              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 09/06/2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

gary gwillam aka greeves246

Just like to say thanks for all you contributed very positive well debated to my first succsessfulll string !
                the club needs better accsess to drawings (not having a go at you rob i may add !) and spares manufacure double checking std and before spares are made get money to manufacture them so when money goes out it is gold plated it will come back in with interest ! like the challenger silencers and pipes which there is always seems in demand for ?: badges as well like the 32 badge and 25 tank badges of all sorts

Comment

Mr brains scrambler.
                  Well, i don`t know where to begin, with this greeves scrambler!, a very good build needlessly spoilt by lack of attention to detail.
                  I expect the purists out there have already spotted the incorrect angle of the l/link front bucket & i don`t think this model was ever fitted with an anti aircraft gun.
                  Inappropriate use of stickers also spoils it for me, no i think some things not quite right about this one, the rider looks familiar though. could it be widow twanky from the east coast?

Comment

do you mean my griffon ?

do you mean my griffon i built in 1988 when i was 18 ? that won the best bike show bristol bike show 1994 ? ridden buy paul pringle in southwest center and brother griffon to dave barratts griffon this one 58c171 daves 58c172
                    i brought it for £50 it took 1.1/2 tonns to move the piston from the barrel
                    the engien was in the dogs kennel/shed
                    it has a new griffon front wheel in it never raced
                    70th griffon made

Comment

mmmh!, i`ll have a pint of what gary is drinking,

Comment

first drink

first drink i ever had was at beuligh jumble it was a half of woodpecker cider
                        and my legs went (not good ) lol

Comment

Half a pint of woodpecker? come on gary even douglas bader had better drinking legs than that!!!

Comment

cider

well i was 13 lol you ought to try westons old rosie good sstuff that ! my friend used to drink 7 pionts of ale and walk home he had three pints of old rosie and we had to get the wheel barrow ambulance then !.

Comment

I have tryed westons old rosie gary & she wasn`t cheap, ahh the stories i could tell!!, are you coming up to the bonanza gary, be nice to meet you.
                              By the way, what was this thread about?. dave ( sorry )

Comment

re subject

funny the original parts turned up fromm danny and there black!!!!! with greeves primer but early ! shape ! explain this one .

dave delighted to see you sunday, im like a lizzard flat out working in the garage i made 9 spacers today with my restored colchester student mk2 making the wheel spacers now and with help from adrian dickerson with spares sorting out my dcx

Comment

Working...
                                X