Albion cam change gearbox problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albion cam change gearbox problem

I only seem to be able to select 1st and 2nd gear at present. Is there an adjustment for selection under the outer cover?

Right - had the cover off to reveal the change mechanism. Dismantled it and cleaned it, lubricated it and reassembled it the way it came off. Still only one gear this time.
    Dismantled it again, looked pondered, could see what was meant to happen but it still didn't work.
    Now gentlemen I have a confession to make that I hope will in no way diminish my standing in the male world, but SHOULD do. I did what no real man should ever do, I looked at the instructions, well the exploded view of the gearbox in the manual.
    Whoever last worked on this bike way back when, it was in storage since 1978, had assembled it incorrectly, in fact upside down.
    Assembled the mechanism right side up, springs included and low and behold, 5 gears. Not the greatest gearbox feel I've experienced over the years but since 1978 I've been accustomed to Yamaha TZ gearboxes and they are as sweet as a nut.
    I have used the cam change Albion before on both the 24RDS I had in the early 70s plus there was one on my 500cc Crescent I race in the mid 70s, but then again I'd never experienced the delights of the 6 speed TZ at that time.

PS - has anyone seen the little plastic bag with the R pins in it I put down in the workshop somewhere?
    Ain't growin' old wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tonyed27; 02/02/2023, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X