Front Mudguard Stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Mudguard Stay

The front mudguard stay on my Silverstone does not fit correctly. When mounted on the spindle it is tight against the front tyre profile. There would not be enough length to reprofile it.
    British Bikes 70 do one for the Essex DD and Police DF. The guard attachments are wrong for mine but would easily be replaced.
    Anyone used such on a Silverstone?

Hi Tony
    i am sure I have one with no mudguard bracelets attached I am willing to send you to try if you like email me
    Gary
    british bikes 1970

Comment

Originally posted by garybam4711 View Post
      Hi Tony
      i am sure I have one with no mudguard bracelets attached I am willing to send you to try if you like email me
      Gary
      british bikes 1970
      Thanks Gary will do.

Comment

Hi Tony, I think the Silverstone front mudguard and stay only really fits a triangular front tyre. I remember when I changed to Michelin tyres I had to dump the mudguard and bracket and use a pair of lipped washers (these are now available from Villiers Services) to stop the front wheel falling out. I know that most modern tyres have a narrower profile that the PZ2s so you may get away with it, but I have my doubts.

Comment

It certainly gives the impression of the triangular tyre profile. The tyre on the bike at present is a 2.75" section. Hopefully the road stay will accommodate the new tyre, as the front mudguard I have, although needs some renovation work is an original narrow section one and the set up is iconic to the Silverstone.
          When I got the bike the stay and mudguard were off the bike and it had a set of Michelin S41 PZ2 and PZ4 probably needs an M38
          Last edited by tonyed27; 25/01/2023, 02:24 PM.

Comment

The 2.75"-18 Heidenau fits under the front mudguard of my RDS, as did the 80/90-18 Avon Roadrunner I used previously, but the RES looks like it was fitted with a smaller section guard. It is close to the tyre on my bike and any small stones picked up from my gravel drive do rattle around under the guard until they fall out.
            Stan

Comment

Dunlop did a 2.75/3.75 x 18 KR325 race tyre that fits front and rear but unfortunately they have not made any for about eight years. One of the reasons my RCS is now retired.

Comment

Sorry that should be KR825.

Comment

Working...
                X