Ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition

To replace the existing Steffa ignition has anyone had experience with the 'Electrex World' STK-900 and the PVL based kit supplied by Dave Goddard Racing.
    The PVL requires the Griffon style deeper cover which may (just looking) not fit with the 5 speed Albion gearbox on the RES.
    Any views please?

I had a PVL ignition made by Penton in the US, after I had helped him out by lending him a TD2 magneto so he could make a PVL set up for this bike to meet an order he had. I sent him the crank and cases and the existing points mounting plate and he made the adaptor plate to suit, incorporating the oil seal, and bored the rotor for the Alpha taper. Not sure about the Dave Goddard system but I expect the dimensions of the backing plate would be similar.
    I ended up making a fibre-glass cover as it had to have a "lump" to clear the stator and bonded this to an aluminum ring to attach it to the adaptor plate. It is tight and the OD of this ring means it slides behind the gearbox a little but this worked for me. I have used this system for quite a few years now and has been 100% reliable.
    I can email you a photo of my set up if you like (don't think I want to get into the hassle of learning how to post photos on the forum )
    Stan
    Last edited by Stan Nicholson; 20/01/2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X