Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev counter cable

Required for my RES Silverstone:

Primary drive case screws - seem to be 12/28 UNF (#12 x 28 tpi) - is this correct. It is the later type primary case
    Last edited by tonyed27; 26/11/2022, 09:44 AM.

I believe the later chain case screws are 1 BA.

Comment

Mine has 1/4-20 Whitworth screws, but they may have been opened up to this size. Although I can't see 1BA leaving enough material to open up to 1/4-20. Greeves were pretty good at using coarse threaded hardware in aluminium, so seems strange they would use a fine thread for these screws, but I don't doubt that Dogsbody is correct as 20tpi is not even close to 28tpi.

Comment

Should of been 1BA as standard

Comment

I measured the screw as 0.2 x 28tpi - 1BA is 0.209" x 28.2 tpi.
          Bloody (pardon!) hard things to find @1.25" long unless you want brass.

Comment

Used to pick up 2” 1 BA stainless screws at Stafford. Never found any other bike with 1BA !

Comment

Thanks Dogsbody. Will be at Stafford in April with the Greeves and my TZ250A. If you are going perhaps we can catch up.

Comment

Do I remember correctly (unlikely perhaps) that handlebar lever clamp screws are 1BA?

Comment

Peter, they are indeed but too short. 1 BA seems available up to 1/2" to 5/8" long the ones I need are 1.25" long. I did get some but they are roundhead rather than cheese head.

Comment

Just checked, I’ve only got two spare must have used all the others. So 1 BA x50mm cheese head are available.

Comment

The Holy Grail is out there somewhere, but where?
                      Not desperate as the originals are OK just a bit corroded.
                      Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X