Ex Trevor Elliot Oulton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Trevor Elliot Oulton

Back in 1972/73 a good friend of mine had the ex-Trevor Elliot Oulton. He fitted a 4 LS CMS front brake to it.
    Has anyone seen or heard of it since?

tonyed27 Cant see an Oulton on the survivors list that was owned by Trevor Elliot, dont suppose you have the frame number

Comment

I have Oulton RFS110, the same one pictured in Mr Sparrows Greeves book, but I am unaware of it's history prior to Shaun Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
        I have Oulton RFS110, the same one pictured in Mr Sparrows Greeves book, but I am unaware of it's history prior to Shaun Harvey.
        Dogsbody
        Colin, On the RR database you are down as having owned 112 which was also owned by Shaun Harvey. I have no further update on 110 other than what is on GRA database. I note its listed with unknown owner in Cheshire, I believe you are in Lancs! Are we talking about the same bike?
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/11/2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

John, my Oulton is RFS110 purchased from Shaun, however I did own Silverstone RES112 for a while. Still have RCS166 and RAS147. Yes I lived in Cheshire but downsized to what is officially Greater Manchester. Hope that clarifies. Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin

Comment

Just spoken to Jim Chalkley who owned the machine after Trevor Elliot and along with the CMA 4LS he also fitted MP forks to it. He sold it to someone he can't remember but it did get sold to Terry Silvester in Holmfirth about 1978.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyed27 View Post
                Just spoken to Jim Chalkley who owned the machine after Trevor Elliot and along with the CMA 4LS he also fitted MP forks to it. He sold it to someone he can't remember but it did get sold to Terry Silvester in Holmfirth about 1978.
                Cant see an RFS on GRA Racer Database that was owned by Jim Chalkley, Trevor Elliot or Terry Silvester, but a lot are unrecorded.

Comment

We lived in Cheshire at Preston Brook by the canal in the late 70s, I had a red MX2/3 and my brother had a really good Silverstone, sold to someone locally I think. It was tuned by Terry Silvester, unfortunately it kept seizing up!
                  Last edited by John macleod; 17/11/2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post

Cant see an RFS on GRA Racer Database that was owned by Jim Chalkley, Trevor Elliot or Terry Silvester, but a lot are unrecorded.
                    It was probably the fastest Oulton around, Trevor constantly winning against TR2s and TR3s of the day. The poor old BHC 7" 2ls wasn't man enough for the 250 let alone the 350 which is why Jim fitted the 4LS from CN which at Mildenhall was close to us. We used to get my 24RDS, Jim's, 35RFS, tools, stands, petrol cans, camping gear etc and both of us in my Morris Thou van.

Comment

Working...
                    X