There's a queue forming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a queue forming...

Recently took possession of this Anglian, its been unused for a long time but is generally in good condition. It does run, but will be restored. Interestingly it has 'bolt up' Husqvarna scrambler front wheel and fork lowers, though the stanchions and yokes appear to be the original Ceriani fitment. Luckily the 19 inch rear rim has already been changed for an 18 inch, so decent trials tyres can be fitted. It has a V5c. The cafe racer handlebars are fitted to minimise how much room it takes up in my little garage workshop.It will have to wait its turn though, I'm partway through rebuilding a 1975 Bultaco Mercurio 155GT road bike, which presents its own problems, but hey if it was easy everyone would do it. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1734a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	919.5 KB ID:	97476 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1735a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	846.0 KB ID:	97477
    Last edited by Jeff Morgan; 11/01/2024, 07:58 PM.

Hi Jeff,

Nice looking Anglian, and knowing your standards even nicer when it's done.

Nice looking AJS (Stormer?) in the back ground too. The Bultaco sounds interesting, a new one on me so I looked it up, and what a pretty little bike. Maybe you could post some pics in the 'Non-Greeves Motorcycle Chat' area of the forum as I'd love to see it when it's done. It's always interesting to see what other projects people are working on, as so often are the bikes themselves. That goes equally for the AJS too. Nice to see something a bit different now and then.

Thanks for posting Jeff, and all the best with the build(s).

Brian.

Comment

Hi Jeff, that's the same hubs fitted to the Burian so early Husqvarna as mine were fitted when John Banks built it in 1965 , all the best see you at Priddy Simon

Comment

Hi Brian, Yes the Anglian should be a fairly easy one, its all there and doesn't appear to have had a hard life, just unused for a long time. The AJS is a 37A-T, I've owned and competed on it since 2005, good little bike, sort of the trials stablemate to the Stormer scrambler, not many made, failed attempt at competing with the 'Spanish invasion'. Lots of info about them on the Trials Guru website.

The little 'Taco is quite sweet, alloy rims, fork legs etc (compare that to a D14 Bantam!), I'm struggling to get a piston for it but the engine mountings are the same on all the 5 speed Bultaco engines, and the hooligan in me keeps thinking of dropping a 250 Pursang motor in there.........Its missing tank and seat, rare in the UK, but I'm not too worried about originality, (RD yamaha tank is a similar shape) its only for popping down the shops on.

Simon, I thought of your Burian when I realised the Anglian had the same front wheel (The rear is still the BHC motoloy though the ribs have been machined off the hub, common practice)

yup, got my entry in for the Priddy 2 day, on the AJS, see you there!

Comment

Working...
        X