Griffon QUB rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pvl

Terry supplier s PVL - with the internal rotor bored to fit the Griffon (I have it on both my 250 whihc was a Steffa replacement and my QUB which was a motoplat replacement )

Took about 20 minutes to fit and easy to time......
    Cheers Kim

Comment

I have fitted a system from power dynamo to my 360. it is made by VAPE (Czech). The flywheel is 103mm dia and fits behind a griffon motoplat type cover and will supply 12v 70w for lighting

Comment

MZ with Vape ignition.

Comment

Qub pics.

Check this out craig...http://owencollection.com/collection...s-qub-griffon/

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Wow!
            New, never been started! Might seem a waste, but at least its perfectly preserved.

Comment

Hi andy, perfect for someone to see exactly how they left the factory...for restoration purposes.....nice clear pics to, wonder what the price tag is?......

Comment

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but would it have left the factory with a bungee cord holding down the front of the petrol tank?
                Pat H.

Comment

Ain`t no pleasing some people is there....you show em a rare as rocking horse s**t bike & they knit pick over a piece of elastic.....
                  Last edited by dave higgins; 20/12/2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trafdlo View Post
                    Forgive my lack of knowledge, but would it have left the factory with a bungee cord holding down the front of the petrol tank?
                    Pat H.

Yes Pat. Never you mind that Dave Higgins fellow now..

If you do your homework and have a look a Greeves competition bike pictures, you will see that this is the method that Greeves employed for quick fitting and removal of the tank. Normally there would be some foam fitted to the frame to eliminate tank to frame contact. The setup works very well in practice.

David.

Comment

Don't know about Griffons, but Challengers all had nothing but bungees holding the tank on.

Comment

Andy, i know kims griffons have reverted back to cable ties & gaffa tape...

Comment

If you can't mend it with cable ties, gaffer tape and silicone sealant, its fooked!

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                            Andy, i know kims griffons have reverted back to cable ties & gaffa tape...
                            Nowt wrong with that, as long as it lasts 4 laps!

Comment

Dave...........
                              Beautiful bike but its a 250
                              Advert says its a 380QUB, he must think its slow for a 380

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                                Dave...........
                                Beautiful bike but its a 250
                                Advert says its a 380QUB, he must think its slow for a 380
                                It won't feel slow if it never gets started

Comment

Working...
                                X