Kim....are any of these any good mate?

Brian.
    Thanks Thommo -spot on as usual - i will give em call

Comment

• Nice one mate.

Thommo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
        They will still need cable ties unless i can obtain some Zeus fastners...any ideas guys?
        Hi all..

Bloody hell Kim, shiney side panels, new rims, Dave Harper engine... Have you won the lottery? You will need a new nickname at this rate.

Its dzus fasteners... Not Zeus by the way, but I know what you mean.. Druid sells them aswell as tds classics...

Scott

Comment

• side panels

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
          I wonder if Roger Ennis could be able to sort you out there Craig, if you need some. He advertises in 'LL' and is a lovely bloke to deal with - great quality gear and very reasonable prices too.

(...and you definitely shouda' kept those 'Reffnulls' Andy....! )

Brian.
          Side panels from Roger Ennis are spot on. If the cone springs on your fasteners are weak use some clear fuel pipe. works a treat. Mick.

Comment

• cable protectors

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
            Old cable protectors verses new ??
            Really should use the old ones since I have them.
            Need cable protector for my griff. Where can i get one. Cheers Mick.

Comment

• Originally posted by scott151 View Post
              Hi all..

Bloody hell Kim, shiney side panels, new rims, Dave Harper engine... Have you won the lottery? You will need a new nickname at this rate.

Its dzus fasteners... Not Zeus by the way, but I know what you mean.. Druid sells them aswell as tds classics...

Scott
              Cheers Scotty ..... There is a down side .... No excuses this season !!

TDS sold out of Desuzzy thingies so will try Druid
              You giving it a full frontal assault this season ? Or are u out to Stud again ? cheers Kim

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                You giving it a full frontal assault this season ? Or are u out to Stud again ? cheers Kim
                That sounds like fightin' talk!!!

Comment

• Full frontal assault or out to stud?

I thought it meant the same thing.......

I'm hopeful il be doing a few more rounds this year Kim, it's difficult juggling a busy job and young family at the moment..spanner time in the workshop is at a premium....

I've gone abit mad rebuilding the hawkstone this winter, it will need a good running session at marks tey in march... It should have a bit more poke this season and I've given the gearing a little more leg to try to keep pace with dicky and Micky... Sorry I mean Richard and Micheal

Regards

Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by brokabolt View Post
                    Need cable protector for my griff. Where can i get one. Cheers Mick.
                    Hi Mick,
                    I got the new cables with protector from TDS Classics.
                    Craig

Comment

• cable protectors

The throttle cable that came with my bike didnt have the protector on, so i made the cable same as the one i took off. will email Terry and get one sent down. Cheers Mick.

Comment

• The Hole Truth.....

Hi Craig,

By the way, that's a really neat repair.

I assume you used good old P40? Good stuff that, and a million and one uses....I even did a bodge on a guitar with it once....!

Brian.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/02/2015, 09:47 AM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

• Brian, I wish I could have thought about it and used P40, I agree, good stuff.
                          Instead I used fibreglass matting and resin. Bloody went all over the place and still picking it off my fingers. I went to remove the air box the next day and it was stuck to the frame
                          At least it should do the job.
                          My motto is.
                          Function over form.

Craig

Comment

• QUB Coming together

Inspired by Craig's work on his ...........mine is now coming together. Engine fully rebuilt by Dave Harper and Gearbox fully serviced by Geoff Nunn.....Bike ready for the engine.... wheels rebuilt and polished , new brake shoes, new chain tensioner, (off my YZ250f), new sprockets, Original much abused Preston Petty's .....polished

Attached a couple of pics and also a copy of Geoff's Gearbox Service sheet.....for those who have had boxes rebuilt by Geoff they are in the know - but in case anybody else is in any doubt as to who is the Gearbox Guru - take a look at the service sheet !!
                            My Spare tank has been polished and will be fitted for a couple of photo's ...and the the one in the picture put back on for racing (that's the one with all the dents in it )
                            Cylinder head being re-machined .....will all come together next Saturday - fingers crossed.
                            Cheers Kim
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Kim275; 02/03/2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• I need some inspiring back please Kim.
                              Went into the garage on Saturday morning for a full days building on the two Griffons and came to a standstill because every single thing I wanted to get on with needed something that I did not have.
                              Gave up and watched the rugby instead. Going to do a list tomorrow and hopefully get both started next weekend.
                              Can someone tell me who will do a good job on recovering two seats? (tried one already and got a shit job back)
                              Need to buy two more rear mudguards that are not "C" section and will let me put the seat on. See photo. They are already cut and drilled so bit of a waste.
                              Need a new rear wheel bearing that does not fall apart when I try to put the brake hub on. Is there a modern sealed bearing replacement I can use?
                              Is there a handy solution to sort out bushings for both ends of shocks so that I don't have to drill out frame holes and use big fat bolts (nearly tempted on that one)
                              Longer clutch push rod for QUB or maybe mount the clutch properly???? Can someone please tell me the correct length so that I can check.
                              Should there be a thick washer on the rear axel between brake hub and swing arm?
                              Lots of silly questions but the QUB has been in boxes for over twenty years and the 250 was taken apart using the best tools available and at least one and a half bottles of whisky
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Understand the frustration

Hi Craig Always harder when putting together a box Of bits rather than taking apart fix and re-assemble ....will try and help on what I can and am sure others will chip in !!!

Seat --- no experience. Can some others chip in?
                                Bearings easy - go for modern bearings of same size with seals both sides fora wheels.
                                Shock bushings .... Not sure I will defer to others ? Or check with supplier
                                Mudguards .... Why not try Kenny in US for a set of original Preston Petties ?
                                There is NO washer between rear brake hub and swing Arm (spacer on other side ... Same on front wheel as well.. Cerianis flush with hub )
                                Terry can supply clutch pushrod rollers /spacers( U should have 2 rods and I think 2 or 3 rollers in the middle. I will email you Robs griffon clutch diagram tonight
                                Hope that helps a bit .., keep at it ... It will be worth it !
                                Cheers Kim
                                Last edited by Kim275; 03/03/2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X